There really is no excuse, other than that I have a bad habit of using my relaxation time as "passive" relaxation time, other than "active" relaxation time - for example, I tend to watch tv instead of reading a book (passive vs. active). Blogging definitely counts as "active" relaxation since it uses brain power! At any rate, please accept my apologies for the lack of updates. I am constantly thinking of ideas for blog posts - I just fail to write them down.
So, for this blog post, I would like to share some potential blog post ideas and/or titles that I have been meaning to write. Who knows, perhaps I will get "caught" up at some point over the summer, although it does seem a bit silly to reflect back on some of the minute-detailed educational posts.
Educational Blog Posts
- My First Field Trip as a Teacher: Transportation Failures and Educational Greatness (working title, haha!)
- Grade 8 Classroom Management
- Grease: The Musical! The highlights, the lowlights, and why it was all worth it!
- Taking my Grade 11 IB students to the opera
- Recruiting for the band class
- Beginning to develop a middle-school band program at my school, including purchasing instruments, figuring out instrumentation, and dealing with the logistics of living in Dubai
- Beginning to develop a middle-school choir program at my school
- My Second Parent-Teacher Interviews (they weren't nearly as exciting as my first!)
- The End of the Year Stress!
- Next year's schedule
- My teaching load for next year (new courses1 new courses!)
Travelling Blog PostsIn case you don't remember, I have been to multiple countries in the past few months. I have had amazing experiences in all of them, whether I was being a complete tourist, visiting family, visiting friends, travelling just for the sake of travelling, etc. I would still like to do recap posts on the following:
Luxor, Egypt (Nov. 2013)
- The Temple of Karnak (one title: Alone in the Temple of Karnak)
- The Luxor Temple
- Riding a Hot Air balloon over Luxor
- Should you travel to Egypt? (I definitely wanted to discuss this... although it is not as relevant now)
|Mortuary Temple of Hatshepsut|
England (Christmas 2013)
- General posts about seeing family and sharing pictures - I didn't do anything super touristy (it was my fourth time visiting England)
|Lights in downtown London|
Hong Kong and Macau (Spring Break 2013)
- Exploring the beauty of Lantau Island
- Photo essay: the neon lights of Hong Kong
- 10,000 Buddhas hike and photo essay
- Chi Lin Nunnery and Nan Lian Garden: A Serene Escape within Hong Kong
- Macau: Asia's Las Vegas
- And many more!
|10,000 Buddha Monastery|
- How to Spend Less than 48 hours in Bahrain
- The Darker Side of the Gulf Coast Countries: Human Trafficking (I met a Saudi Princess and heard her speak about human trafficking - very powerful stuff)
|Bab al Bahrain - the Gate to the Old City|
- My first trip to Jordan is happening this weekend, so I know I will want to write about the Dead Sea and Petra!
Vietnam and Cambodia
- I am travelling through Vietnam and Cambodia on my way home for the summer. You better believe that I will have some amazing photos to share and stories to tell!
As you can see, I have a LOT than I can be blogging about. I truly am sorry for not blogging more, but please remember you can always contact me to find out what's going on in my life!
I hope everyone is having an excellent end to the school year. It's almost summer!