Follow by Email

Monday, May 19, 2014

The Blog Posts that May Still Be Coming!

I realize I start most of my blog posts with apologizing about not blogging more frequently - and this one is no different. My mom has told me that a few family members and friends have directly mentioned my lack of blogging to her. I am sorry!

There really is no excuse, other than that I have a bad habit of using my relaxation time as "passive" relaxation time, other than "active" relaxation time - for example, I tend to watch tv instead of reading a book (passive vs. active). Blogging definitely counts as "active" relaxation since it uses brain power! At any rate, please accept my apologies for the lack of updates. I am constantly thinking of ideas for blog posts - I just fail to write them down.

So, for this blog post, I would like to share some potential blog post ideas and/or titles that I have been meaning to write. Who knows, perhaps I will get "caught" up at some point over the summer, although it does seem a bit silly to reflect back on some of the minute-detailed educational posts.

Educational Blog Posts


  • My First Field Trip as a Teacher: Transportation Failures and Educational Greatness (working title, haha!)
  • Grade 8 Classroom Management
  • Grease: The Musical! The highlights, the lowlights, and why it was all worth it! 
  • Taking my Grade 11 IB students to the opera
  • Recruiting for the band class
  • Beginning to develop a middle-school band program at my school, including purchasing instruments, figuring out instrumentation, and dealing with the logistics of living in Dubai
  • Beginning to develop a middle-school choir program at my school
  • My Second Parent-Teacher Interviews (they weren't nearly as exciting as my first!)
  • The End of the Year Stress!
  • Next year's schedule
  • My teaching load for next year (new courses1 new courses!)

Travelling Blog Posts

In case you don't remember, I have been to multiple countries in the past few months. I have had amazing experiences in all of them, whether I was being a complete tourist, visiting family, visiting friends, travelling just for the sake of travelling, etc. I would still like to do recap posts on the following:

Luxor, Egypt (Nov. 2013)

  • The Temple of Karnak (one title: Alone in the Temple of Karnak)
  • The Luxor Temple 
  • Riding a Hot Air balloon over Luxor
  • Should you travel to Egypt? (I definitely wanted to discuss this... although it is not as relevant now)
 
Mortuary Temple of Hatshepsut 

England (Christmas 2013)
  • General posts about seeing family and sharing pictures - I didn't do anything super touristy (it was my fourth time visiting England)
Lights in downtown London

Hong Kong and Macau (Spring Break 2013)
  • Exploring the beauty of Lantau Island
  • Photo essay: the neon lights of Hong Kong
  • 10,000 Buddhas hike and photo essay
  • Chi Lin Nunnery and Nan Lian Garden: A Serene Escape within Hong Kong
  • Macau: Asia's Las Vegas
  • And many more!

10,000 Buddha Monastery

Bahrain (May 2014)
  • How to Spend Less than 48 hours in Bahrain
  • The Darker Side of the Gulf Coast Countries: Human Trafficking (I met a Saudi Princess and heard her speak about human trafficking - very powerful stuff)

Bab al Bahrain - the Gate to the Old City

Jordan!

  • My first trip to Jordan is happening this weekend, so I know I will want to write about the Dead Sea and Petra!
Vietnam and Cambodia

  • I am travelling through Vietnam and Cambodia on my way home for the summer. You better believe that I will have some amazing photos to share and stories to tell!

As you can see, I have a LOT than I can be blogging about. I truly am sorry for not blogging more, but please remember you can always contact me to find out what's going on in my life!

I hope everyone is having an excellent end to the school year. It's almost summer!


   

2 comments:

  1. Thanks admin for sharing informative article on Dubai Attractions. It is one of the top travelers destination that draw travelers from all over the world. Keep on updating your blog with such awesome information.

    ReplyDelete